Iron Craft #3: G is For…

This week’s challenge:

“This year we are going to continue the alphabet challenges we started two years ago. We are up to the letter G.”  (Courtesy of Just Crafty Enough)

Originally I was going for Gardener Girl….

But instead because there wasn’t enough time to get it all done… it’s just a girl so far…

20160215_191416

I actually got a lot done in the 2 weeks we were allowed for this challenge. She’s a big dolly!

Lane has called her Dolly and she’s huge.

I started with the body:

20160206_222540

This took me a week. Then I realized I was going to have to hurry up if I wanted to have this project done in time… at least the “girl” part of the project.

20160211_214129

I added the head and stranded each of the yarn hairs on her head. Then started on the clothes.

20160213_162958

I first made some underpants for Dolly and then a shirt that buttons up at the back. You can get an idea of the size of this dolly when sitting next to my daughter Lane in the photo above. She’s huge!

20160214_152904

Then I made a dress to go over the shirt. The straps button at the front. Lane decided that Dolly looked better with the shirt over the dress, so that’s how she’s been wearing this outfit.

20160214_223407

Then I put pockets on the dress and made some white boots.

20160215_191416

Then lastly I made a gardening hat. The funny thing about this hat is that it’s the same size as Lane’s head. So I basically spent a day making a full child sized sun hat. Yikes!

 

 

20160215_191428

Just in case you thought I was joking about the size of that hat – here is Lane wearing it.

So… needless to say, I didn’t get done the gardening tools done. I was going to make a watering pot that she can really hold and a flower in a pot as well to go with the G for Gardening theme. But instead, I will have to call this project G is for Girl and work on the Gardening part at a later date.

PS – I used this pattern to make this dolly. I just used worsted weight yarn instead of fingering to make a larger doll and because it was all I had in the proper colours. 🙂

Stay tuned for the finish soon!

If you want to see all the G projects by the Iron Crafters, check out the Flickr Group.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *